WAStateC.O.P.S. Elections Held at the General Meeting on March 3, 2012
At our 12/03/2011 meeting, nominations for all positions were accepted from the floor. Elections were held at the 03/03/2012 chapter meeting.
Per our chapter bylaws:
- Elections will be held every 2 years.
- Those who run must be active and involved in chapter activities, and have attended the General meeting prior to elections.
- National C.O.P.S. rules state that you may not run for office until at least 2 years have passed since your officer‘s death and any trial has concluded.
- Officers can serve only 2 consecutive terms in the same position. WAStateC.O.P.S. President, Secretary, and Treasurer positions must be vacated at the end of this upcoming term (2012/2013).
- Nominations may be accepted from the floor.
I am Troy Meyers, running for a second and final term as President of WAStateC.O.P.S. My father was Kansas City (MO) Patrol Officer Thomas Meyers, killed in a felonious drunken driving incident on January 14, 1998.
I‘ve worked to upgrade our website and keep it current, obtained our chapter‘s telephone number (manned 24/7 and rings on 3 different volunteer phones), streamlined online processes such as responding to events or to sign parole letters, and worked with Brenda on emails and Facebook updates.
I am Emory Lane, running for a second term as Secretary. I have been in the C.O.P.S. family since May 30, 2003, when my brother, Ferry County Undersheriff Matt Lane, was killed in a plane accident while on a search and rescue call just off SR20 on Sherman Pass. I have attended NPW 4 times, Siblings‘ Retreat once, and plan to attend both as often as possible.
I‘d like to be your WAStateC.O.P.S. secretary again, because having the support from other survivors has helped me cope with Matt‘s death, and this is a way for me to give back.
I‘m Brenda Donner, current WAStateC.O.P.S. Treasurer, daughter of Rossford (OH) Patrolman Clifton Miller, EOW 05/14/1966. I understand the value of fiscal transparency, to be a responsible steward of donations entrusted to us for chapter and National C.O.P.S. services and functions. I ask for your vote to serve again as Treasurer.
There have been no biographies submitted for VP. Submit yours today!